We compared Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) policies to bring you the policies that provide the highest level of Hospital Cover.
OVHC Insurance is compulsory for all applicants of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) Scheme.
Compare Top Hospital policies below:
485 Visa Health Insurance By Frank provides comprehensive cover for a great price
Our March 2019 comparison of 485 visa health insurance policies found that Frank Minimum Working Visa Cover is great value and provides a high level of Hospital Cover.
Frank’s Minimum Working Visa Cover:
- Is very cheap for the level of cover it provides
- Provides better pregnancy cover than some more expensive products
- Covers private hospital rooms (with a co-payment)
- Offers ambulance cover (for emergencies only)
- Includes funeral cover
The biggest disadvantage of this cover is that it has a hospital admissions excess, plus an additional co-payment for private rooms. It also does not cover outpatient services, IVF or doctors fees.
What if I don’t Want to Pay an Excess on Hospital Admissions?
IMAN’s Budget Visitor Cover has no excess on hospital visits and will cover the cost of private hospital rooms.
- Hospital Cover without an excess or co-payments
- Comparatively good value
- Private room accommodation in both public and private hospitals
- Up to $20,000 of funeral cover
- Ambulance Cover (when medically necessary)
Compared to some other top hospital policies, IMAN’s Basic Working Visitor Cover provides a lower level of cover. Doctors’ fees, Outpatient Services and PBS Pharmaceuiticals are not included in this policy, and Pregnancy & Maternity Services are only covered for public hospitals.