Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) Insurance is compulsory for all applicants of the Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) Scheme.
The policies on this page provide the highest level of cover for In-Hospital treatments and Extras cover.
Compare Top Hospital & Extras policies below:
Comprehensive Working Visa & Super Options by HIF offers excellent value
Our March 2019 comparison of 485 visa health insurance policies found HIF Comprehensive Working Visa & Super Options to have the best value Top Hospital & Extras Cover. We highly recommend it for those looking to start families.
HIF’s Comprehensive Working Visa & Super Options:
- Is considerably cheaper than equivalent cover from competitors
- Meets Department of Immigration and Border Patrol for the minimum health insurance level for the 485 visa
- Covers both IVF and Pregnancy/Maternity Services (after waiting period)
- Provides cover for outpatient services
- Includes cover for doctors’ fees
The reasons why HIF Basic Working Visa & Saver Options is cheaper than the the alternatives is that they charge a $500 excess for hospital admissions. The biggest disadvantage of this policy is that there is a $500 excess payable for each hospital admisson (up to a maximum of $1000 per family per year). It also does not include funeral cover.
Can I Get Cover with No Excess?
IMAN’s Top Visitor Cover has no excess on hospital visits and also has higher limits on extras cover.
- Cover for both General and Major Dental
- Private room accommodation in both public and private hospitals
- Up to $20,000 of funeral cover
- Cover for the cost of PBS Pharmaceutical Prescriptions
IMAN’s Top Visitor Cover policy doesn’t cover doctor’s fees, outpatient services or IVF. Pregnancy & Maternity Services are only covered in public hospitals.